Saturday, March 29, 2008

My only Political Post ever... I promise.

So in between watching my chosen UNC Tarheels beat Louisville and another of my picks the UCLA Bruins destroy Xavier while 'exercising' over Power Point on my computer at work this afternoon... I came across this little opinion article in the New York Times on ole' John McCain today.  I must admit, politics these days illicit everything from dry heaves to downright disdain from me most of the time... the constant barrage of coverage on the topic just leaves me feeling hopeless somedays.  And this editorial, while being skewed to the left... (of course, it's the New York Times) Still gave me pause to actually read what Gail Collins had to say about good ole' John McCain... I'll let the article stand for itself, but let's just say that I appreciate her candid coverage of his track record.  And it really just bolsters my opinion of why I'll probably vote for the man.  In fact, I'm even going to add him to my list of predictions, as it seems I've been doing quite a bit on my blog here lately, and go ahead and pick him as the winner of the Presidential Race in November.  The great points this lady brings up are just too good to pass up.  Besides, John McCain is a Naval Aviator.  How can the world go wrong with a man that flew jets off of an Aircraft Carrier?

Oh yeah- in case you hadn't heard, if Memphis and Kansas both win tomorrow, it will be the first time in the history of the NCAA Div I basketball championships that all 4 number one seeds made it to the final 4.  I picked them that way this year... we'll find out tomorrow.

And one more thing... while I'm on predictions,  I'm going to go ahead and choose my American Idol winner... David Cook.  I know he wasn't in my original Idol prediction post, but I think he's got what it takes to win.  David Archeleta could pull it off purely from the popularity factor with the post-pubescent set with text messaging voting cell phones under their pillows at night, but David Cook is the real deal.  Much like Chris Daughtry of season 5.

Alright, I'm out.  McCain, UNC, David Cook.

3 comments:

Ve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ve said...

[sorry - typo in my first attempt]
So, Nostradamus, what is your prediction about Hillary's future?

Hal W. said...

Hey there Janice...

Hilary's future? Good question... I don't think she's got what it takes to win the DNC's nod, Obama is on fire these days, but it wouldn't surprise me if she swallowed her pride and took a hard look at being his VP candidate. Either way, I don't think the dem's have what it takes to win back the White House this year.