Saturday, March 8, 2008

Melancholy Saturday Night...


So last night, 2 of my friends had their promotion party for being selected to advance in rank... they are both in the Air Force... it was a good time- we finished work early yesterday which was nice, so I actually drove home, parked my truck, then took thebus back to base... that was handy- Hawaii actually has a pretty robust public transit system.  It's no Tokyo train system, but it works.  This was the first time I'd actually used it, and I was impressed- fortunately, it's not too complicated getting around on the island.  After that we went to Chinatown for 'First Friday' a monthly tradition here in Honolulu where the art galleries all open their doors and invite artists out to talk about their work.  It's usually a pretty good time- and it's always packed.  We had a good time.  I headed home relatively early though... tomorrow I'm having a cookout on my roof with some of my friends- my building has the greatest roof for cooking out- it's got a pool, great views, gas grills, the works.  I'll have to take some pictures.
I just watched that movie 'Michael Clayton' with George Clooney.  I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.  Interesting story, definitely watchable, but it never really took off like it potentially could of.  Something was missing... some movies really get your pulse going... this one had that potential, but it never realized it.  A decent rental though.  I have my Apple TV all set up, and with iTunes Music Store now offering video download rentals- I officially have no reason to leave the house if I don't want to.  Good thing I've got Murphy to keep me up and at em... speaking of which, I took him to Mililani today to run an errand, and we stopped at the 'Central Oahu Park' to get some exercise before heading home... took this picture... well... it's bedtime.

No comments: