Monday, May 12, 2008

Facebook...

OK... so I have to admit... I may have just become an Internet Social Networking Geek... innocently enough, I tried to visit the meetin.org facebook page this evening, but it wouldn't let me access it without signing up for an account... whatever, I thought... how many accounts on silly websites can one person have?  So I just signed up for it... not really caring to invest much time in it.  Well... wouldn't you know... Facebook GOT ME!  I think I wrote about how I just didn't really get MySpace in an earlier post... but when I logged into Facebook and started seeing lot's of old friends from College, College Professors even... I couldn't believe it.  I had 8 new friends in like 15 minutes... people I knew who were online at that moment who became my 'friend'... because, well, technically they already were, but I just haven't seen alot of them in years... and anyway- all the sudden I GET facebook.  I actually used caps twice in this post.  Anyway- if you aren't on facebook, you should check it out... I especially like it because it seems a lot less juvenile than MySpace... no offense to you myspacers out there... Cheers- time to go running...


2 comments:

Ve said...

Agree with your assessment of MySpace - juvenile, among other things. FB can be just as dumb. It is what you make it. But reconnecting with people you've lost touch with (or have trouble keeping up with for whatever reason) is the major benefit. Glad you found me!!

Jadee said...

Too Funny! I started a blog on blogger.com back when the word "blog" always got flagged in spellcheck! Then a few years later, I finally did MySpace to stay in touch with my younger siblings. Only this year did I start the Facebook...and like you, I was AMAZED at how many REAL FRIENDS I found online.

Facebook really can be a "network" as I have added coworkers from my company that are overseas (and we only work together via 7:30am conference calls!)

My blog name is Black-Board.
~Joy (Black) DeBoard aka Jadee.