Thursday, February 21, 2008

Haunauma Bay





So my buddy Tony and I dove Haunauma Bay on Monday, Presidents day- it was pretty cool.  The outer reefs have some of the most pristine I've seen yet here on Oahu.  We did two dives- saw the standard stuff- Turtles, a Moray Eel, a couple of flounder, which were pretty cool, but no sharks this time.  The last time we went though, Tony spotted a smaller shark (as in baby) underneath an overhang of coral.  Just as he was going in to investigate it, a much larger shark (presumably mother... ) swam in from the side.  I got it all on tape... at least my hasty exit.  Tony, being the NOAA officer, is somewhat of an expert on marine life, and told me it was just a white tip shark, which are generally pretty harmless, but in my eyes, it was still a shark.  No thanks.  No sightings this time though.  It was fun- Haunauma Bay is a pretty nice place to dive and snorkel- although it can get quite crowded for the snorkeling set...

No comments: