Sunday, September 9, 2007

Some days it's nice to be alone...

Well, here I sit- on my Uncle's pleasant back porch, by the pool, in the shade of the porch... in a nice comfortable wicker chair.  And man, is it nice to have some alone time.  It seems I've been going non-stop since I got here for school.  A regatta yesterday... what a great time- sailed aboard the 'Ambush' a 29 foot J boat... known in sailing circles as a particularly fast sailboat.  We didn't win, but we had a great time- Friday and Saturday night at Juana's- and now... the party has arrived.  More on this post later.

Well, the party arrived, and I wasn't really feeling the party.  I guess I'm kind of in a Melancholy state of mind today... maybe I'm just ready to get to Hawaii... or just ready to have my own place again.  I'm really thankful that my Uncle opened his home to me, but there is just nothing better than having my own place... there seems to be a continuous stream of family coming and going here, and today I'm just feeling like being sort of anti-social.  Regardless- this last week in school was a good one... surprisingly.  It's actually an interesting school at times, and this week we got into some of the actual stuff I'll be doing on a day-to-day basis.  I think I'll enjoy it.

Well- peace.

No comments: