Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Oh the places you'll go...

And the people you'll meet... did you ever read that Dr. Seuss book?  I was given it as a gift when I graduated from High School.... my Pre-School teacher, who is a friend of my family, hosted a nice little graduation party for all of my old, old friends that I was in Pre-School with and gave us all that book... at any rate... the people I've met... one thing I love about travelling is all the interesting people I've met... just a few examples of folks that I've met on my travels the last month...

A technical supervisor for PG&E
An operations director for PG&E
A vice-president for PG&E
A General Contractor.
4 Bikers on their way back from a Harley Road Rally... (see above)
A Traveling Nurse
A 2nd AD in the film industry (and former Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Baily Circus Clown)
3 dudes I flew with in Japan that still live there...
A guy with a Ph. D. in Chemistry who teaches at a community college here in Honolulu
A Physician for the UH Football Team
An Officer in the NOAA Corps... (never even knew that service had 'officers' who wear the same uniform as the US Navy)
An On-Air News Reporter for the local CBS affiliate here in Honolulu
The Director of a Women's Health Clinic in Monterey, CA
The Principal of a Montessori School
A Rocket Scientist  (seriously... A Rocket Scientist...)
An Ornithologist... (who incidentally sat in the same chair as the Rocket Scientist in the Delta Crown Room in Honolulu)

These are just the ones that I can remember... anyway- I love meeting new people... and Hawaii is a great place to do it...

Well- heading back home in a few hours... it's going to be a marathon of a trip, but looking forward to actually getting back to work again.  Sort of... actually, not really, but oh well.  Vacation has been fun.  I've met some incredible people...

Cheers and Aloha...

1 comment:

Emily Hoge said...

What about the Clown?